Bill Cafaro, Partner
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York, 1981
- California, 1979
- Texas, 2000
- Maryland, 1997
- United States District Courts, Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, and the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Professional Memberships and Activities
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- NY State Chapter of the National Employment Lawyer’s Assn. (NELA/NY)New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA) past member of the Board of Directors and former member of the Labor Law Committee
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- University of San Diego School of Law, J. D., 1979
- Fordham University, B.S. degree, Accounting, 1976
After law school, Bill Cafaro worked as a criminal defense attorney in Northern California. In 1981, he returned to his native New York to serve as a Narcotics Prosecutor in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office until 1986, when he turned his focus to personal injury as a sole practitioner in Jackson Heights, Queens. Having come a long way since then, Mr. Cafaro has taken several eight-figure verdicts and has obtained numerous seven figure verdicts and settlements. He is a firm believer in exhaustive trial preparation, with particular attention to medical animations and illustrations of the specific injuries sustained by each client.
Over the last six years, Mr. Cafaro has applied his litigation skills toward representing employees aggressively in overtime and discrimination cases. He has represented hundreds of workers successfully in individual wage and hour cases, including class and collective actions. He also litigates discrimination cases in both the federal and state courts.
Fluency in Spanish helps Mr. Cafaro to communicate with clients in their native language.